What is this blog about?
Cardboard Guru’s aim is to provide critical reviews on modern tabletop games. Written by someone who spent way too much time and money playing with painted cardboard, this a personal project driven strictly by my love of the tabletop hobby.
When I mean tabletop, I do mean strictly board games. I will not cover role-playing games, collectible card games, or miniature games. Besides the obvious financial commitment to experience them, I don’t have the time to cover them on a level that I feel is acceptable for myself and the community surrounding these games.
For anything outside of reviews, Oddlot is where I will post articles such as games I look forward to, opinions related to the board game industry, or any other miscellaneous topics.
While I try to play as many games as I can, there a few types of games that I avoid due to my lack of interest in them. There might be a few exceptions but don’t rely on it.
- War games
- “Party” or Drinking games
- Games designed for children
- Dexterity based games
- Legacy games
- Collectible card games
- Roleplaying games
- Miniatures games
- Games that take over 3 hours to play
Like any critic, there a few guidelines when it comes to reviewing and they are listed below.
- No previews. It’s in my nature to interject my opinion.
- Kickstarter projects are acceptable but I will give my opinions.
- My reviews are my own. No publisher will have the right to modify or “approve” my article.
- Whether or not I receive a review copy will not alter my opinion on the game.
The best way to contact me will be via email: email@example.com